So, I’m building an entertaiment machine. The machine is being designed to do the following:
- Store and play all of my music (mp3’s, ogg’s, as well as cds)
- Store and play all of my video files (TV Shows, Movies, misc. Internet clips, as well as DVDs)
- Store and play video games from a number of systems (emulators for Nintendo, Genesis, Super Nintendo, Sega CD, Turbographix 16, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Arcade, as well as PC games)
- Allow access to files (audio, video, etc) from other PCs on the network)
- Allow Tivo-like TV video recording, and scheduling of regular recording.
- Fit (physically and aesthetically) within my entertainment center setup.
- Be relatively quiet
So I’ve been looking for parts, off and on, and the biggest problem I had was finding a case that I liked, but I think I finally have. So now I’m hoping you guys can help me out with the other parts… I have a few ideas (I think I’m all set with the video capture dealie, and the hard drive), but if you guys have any suggestions, I’d very much like to hear them. Anyway, here’s what I’ve got so far:
Cooler Master ATC-620 Desktop Micro ATX PC Chasis (ATC-620C-BX1)
400 – 450 Watt ATX Power Supply
MicroATX 333FSB, DDR333, AGP8X, USB2.0, LAN, (Good) Audio, Socket A [Athlon XP] (Chaintech 7VIF4 ?)
Athlon XP > 2200+ Socket A
512MB 333MHZ PC2700 DDR
ATI RADEON 9200se 128MB DDR AGP 8X
Maxtor 250 GB 7200 RPM 8 MB Cache
WinXP or Redhat Fedora
Black wireless keyboard
Black wireless optical mouse.
Oh yeah, here’s what the case looks like: (Admit it, it’s sexy)