Good to go.

Hey there. It’s 3:15 am, and I just finished packing a little while ago. Off to Vegas later today (in about 9 hours I guess.) I wanted to at least write a little something about my weekend before heading off to sleep though. The weekend turned out really good, actually. Once again the efforts to “be a better person” have paid off, though it was touch and go for a while, there. Friday work was just fine. I got a slew accomplished before lunch, which is always a good feeling. It was one of those magical things where you know there’s a fairly large thing you’re working on, and you think “heh, it’d be funny if i could just write these 4 lines of code, and have it automagically do everything I’m looking for… then you realize that it actually could, with just a few tweaks here and there… and thus a full day project becomes just a few hours long. Man, I love that. It’s up there with the time I was stuck on a particularly dicey project I was working on, and one part just would not work, and after working on it all night, I finally crashed, only to come up with the perfect solution in one of my dreams. I kid you not. I woke up, started coding, and the thing worked within 15 minutes. So if you see me sleeping at work ever, I’m actually working very hard, and odds are if would be good for the company if you just left me alone.

After work Friday, I headed on home, then swung out to my sister, Amy’s place, as it was her birthday. Kristin and I had gone in halvsies on a combo Birthday/X-mas gift for her, cause we wanted to get her something especially nice (read: $$), so it was kewl dropping that off, cause she was surprised (the good kind of surprised, not the “my car insurance just went up another $350” kind of surprised). Afterwards, I headed back home, and finished cleaning/doing laundry, etc. All the things that were supposed to get finished Thursday, but never actually got done. I restrung and retuned my guitars, then tried to figure out some Ashby Furlough and Guster songs. Later on in the evening I headed off to Calvin and hung out with Deedre, which was great. Any chance I get to hang out with her is time well spent, as I always have a good time. Afterwards I just kinda wandered around Calvin for quite some time thinking about just about everything, which was actually nice for once. It’s one thing to lie awake at night when you’re trying to sleep and constantly thinking about everything under the sun, and another to actively choose to just think about life, the universe, and everything. Anyway, eventually I realized I was freezing to death, so I gave my sister, Kristin a call. She was at my brother and sister-in-law’s place, babysitting my nephew, Steven, while Jeff and Rebecca were out watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. (I’m told it’s quite good). So I headed off there, and hung out with Kristin for a while, and then with Jeff and Rebecca as well, once they came back. Good stuff. Eventually headed back home, and fell asleep soon thereafter.

Woke up this morning, after a particularly nice dream, and ended up getting very little accomplished. It being a Saturday, I don’t know why I thought I’d get anything done, but I still thought I’d give it a shot. Headed off around 1 to have coffee with Jill, a friend of my good friend, Molly. They both go to Vet school out at MSU, and were roommates up until Molly got married this past summer. So she and I hung out (at Max and Ermas, of course) for a couple hours, and talked quite a bit. It was fun, and she was really friendly.. and helpful, actually. Then I headed back, and my old roommate, Adam, who now lives in Bay City, was in town. So Sven, Adam, Swac, and I hung out. We ended up heading out to Damons, and our waitress was quite kewl, so I guess my boycott of Damons can come to an end, as they’ve redeemed themselves in my eyes. Then we headed back to my place and played Medal of Honor for a while. Yea, I totally sucked. That’s what I get for playing as a Nazi, I guess. Then we blew a few hours playing euchre, which is always fun. Eventually they all had to jet, so I went back with Adam and Sven to Sven’s place, where my car was parked. When I got in my car, I suddenly had no desire to go home, so I just drove around for about an hour. It was kinda nice, actually. Ended up in GR (Shoulda gone to Mulligan’s, actually. nuts.). Eventually I headed on back home, and started packing. And that brings us up to the present. Only now It’s 3:50, and I’m exhausted. I should get some sleep. keep checking, I’ll add more pics as they get taken, and try to give a little update on my day (my gambling losses) while I’m away.

2 thoughts on “Good to go.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *